Performance rallying is one of the fastest growing ‘extreme’ motorsports in North America and the Canadian Rally Championship (CRC) is a fantastic new platform and offers a unique opportunity for your company to reach and connect with growing new audiences and new markets from coast-to-coast.
This amazing growth has resulted in seeing established athletes crossing over into rallying. Names like Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra and DC Shoes’s co-founder Ken Block, are now making the sport extremely popular. In 2006, ESPN X-Games even added rally to its lineup, exposing the sport to a new generation of fans.
Carrried by this new momentum, rally has gained the same popularity in Canada, thanks to the CRC with top drivers such as Patrick Richard, Antoine L’Estage, Crazy Leo and our Production Class champion Warren Haywood.
Rally is regarded worldwide as the most exciting and challenging form of motorsports. The 2014 Canadian Rally Championship series will be a thrilling and exciting new way to expose your brand throughout the upcoming season of national road course events, as competitors take production-based cars and race them at full speed on winding rural and mountain roads coast-to-coast. It’s a very unique and dynamic opportunity for you to get up-close to thousands of devoted fans and spectators at all rally event locations.
Since the CRC is Canada’s only national rallying series, it draws lots of sports media attention. Coverage on Canada’s English and French TV sports networks (TSN/TNS2 & RDS), as well as local and national newspapers, motorsports magazines, sports-focused radio stations and motorsports websites.
The 2014 CRC series will mark the 57th Anniversary, making it the longest running motorsport series in the country. Tonik will enter the CRC’s Production Class which Warren continues to dominate. He’s considered a top contender and is favoured to win.
The CRC actively promotes its annual competition series and distributes/posts new releases for each rally event that are picked up by numerous magazines, websites and local papers, as well as metro dailies in the area of CRC events.
For more information about the CRC, its current season and latest news, please visit www.carsrally.ca
- Performance rallying is one of North America’s fastest-growing ‘extreme’ motorsports
- Attracts thousands of loyal and dedicated fans from coast-to-coast
- Audience demographics: most sought-after 25-35 age group (46%) and 35-50 age group (30%); 89% male and 11% female
- Reach high-income CRC audiences: 13% at $35K-$50K; 35% at $50K-$75K; 19% at $75K-$100K; 21% at $100K+
- Potential 2 million viewers on TSN/TSN2 and RDS sports networks
- Valued target market: family-oriented audi- ences who enjoy outdoor experiences/sports
- Local and national media coverage (newspapers, radio and social media)
- Extensive coverage in Canadian motorsports magazines (Inside Track, PRN & Pole Position)
- 6 national CRC events from coast-to-coast
- 85 participating teams expected for the 2014 season